Monday 17 March 2014

Why The Pope Is Not My “Holy Father” and Why He Should Not Be Your “Holy Father” Either!


Why The Pope Is Not My “Holy Father” and Why He Should Not Be Your “Holy Father” Either! 

http://www.soulrefuge.org/?p=9262  


As the Roman Catholic church continues to make great inroads into the Christian church with the Pope’s call for Christian unity, I thank God once again, that the Lord Jesus Christ saved me out of the gross deception and darkness of the Roman Catholic system. The Catholic Pope’s are often referred to as “His Holiness” or as the “Holy Father” but there is only ONE true “Holy Father,” and He is sitting in Heaven above. In fact if anyone claims to be a true Christian, then it is UNSCRIPTURAL to call any man their “Holy Father” other than God, because Jesus Christ told us the following:

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. (Matthew 23:8-10)


You do not need to go any further than the word of God when it comes to one, and only true “Holy Father.” The words above were spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ and he said what he meant, and he meant what he said. It was an incredible joy when I was truly born again of the Spirit, and the Lord saved me out of the deception of the Roman Catholic system. I remember sitting at my kitchen table laughing hysterically as my mind was flooded with all of the religious ceremonies that I went through as a Catholic, and I realized that I did not need any of them! I know that it was the Lord who showed me these things also, because the peace of the Lord absolutely flooded my heart. 

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. (Isaiah 42:6-7)

 

I was sitting in the darkness of the prison house of sin, until the Lord opened my spiritual eyes to the deception that I was in. To make it plain and simple folks, I was on my way to a real and eternal Hell, until the Lord Jesus Christ saved my soul. I am simply one of the countless millions of Gentiles, whom the Lord spoke about in that passage, from the book of Isaiah. I was spiritually blind, but the Lord Jesus Christ opened my spiritual eyes to see him for who he truly was. I came to understand that Jesus Christ, was given for a COVENANT for both Jew and Gentile. The NEW Covenant is in the blood of Jesus Christ, and the blood that he shed almost 2000 years ago is enough to save any soul. Mary and the Catholic saints have absolutely nothing to do with that, and they never even enter into the equation. I do not have to return to have a Catholic priest say a Mass for the forgiveness of my sins either. As a Roman Catholic I was serving “another Jesus” and it was certainly NOT, the Jesus of the scriptures.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. (2 Corinthians 11:3-4)

 
The Jewish apostle Paul came forth with a severe warning to the true church about those who would come along and preach another Jesus, another Spirit and another gospel, and I believe that the Roman Catholic church fits that bill perfectly. For years I was enmeshed in the idolatry of Mary worship, prayers to dead saints, prayers for the dead people in Purgatory etc . . but never once did I hear the soul saving gospel of Jesus Christ preached. Not even once! Why was that? Simply because you cannot give out, that which you do not have yourself! The Jewish apostle Paul came to know the Lord Jesus Christ for himself and he testified about that in the book of Acts.

Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:12-18)



The Jewish apostle Paul had no idea that he was living in spiritual deception, and on the road to Hell until the Lord opened his spiritual eyes. Paul (formerly called Saul) studied the scriptures diligently, but his intelligence was not enough to point him to the true Christ (Messiah). Jesus Christ spoke to Saul (Paul) out of Heaven and told him that he was persecuting him, when he came against Christians. I thank God that the Lord saved that man and called him to preach the true Gospel to multitudes. The scriptures make it abundantly clear that those without Jesus Christ are living in darkness, and that they are under the power of Satan. Every person (including myself), that has ever been truly saved, and born again of the Spirit was formerly living in darkness, under the power of Satan. If they do not agree with that, then I can assure you that they have never been truly born again and saved. The true Jesus Christ, the true Holy Spirit, and the true gospel, are all part of the same package deal, and the only way to true salvation. I have been warning Christian friends for many years about the coming false unity with Rome, but it is sad to say, that most of the time it has fallen upon deaf ears. A recent article in Charisma Today entitled “Ulf Ekman Says prophetic Word Confirms His Catholic Conversion” only confirms what I have been trying to tell them.


Here is what Pastor Ulf Ekman said in an excerpt taken from that article:

“We don’t think highly or with great confidence about ourselves in this matter,” Ulf says. “We come because we need what Jesus has placed in the Catholic Church. I need the sacraments, I need the magisterium, the authority of the Church. I need the pope. I need the tradition that they steward. I need the Church for my own salvation. So it’s deeply personal.” 

It is kind of funny, but incredibly sad to read such stuff, because it was the the prophetic truth of the scriptures that pulled me out of the Roman Catholic church. The Lord Jesus Christ showed me that I do NOT need the Pope, the Catholic magisterium (teaching office), the authority of Rome, the Catholic sacraments, NOR the Roman Catholic church for my own salvation! The Lord Jesus Christ showed me that HE is ALL I need. I choose to stand with the faithful men of God, who opposed Rome and her false gospel. That list includes people such as, William Tyndale, John Huss, Michael Sattler, Keith Green and Leonard Ravenhill. There will be many people in the coming days who are going to bend their knee to Rome, and I am praying that the Lord would raise up people in the pulpits who would stand against that false religious system.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; (1 Timothy 4:1)
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. (2 Timothy 3:13)

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. (2 Peter 2:1-2)